Muscle soreness inevitably occurs during training but does not have to be absent for the rest of the day.
Heavy lifting is one of the most common causes of sore muscles in the body, and when we are stressed, we all suffer from sore muscles and fatigue.
When muscles tighten, as in the case of overuse, they impede circulation and thus prevent nutrients from entering the cells in sufficient quantities.
It makes sense, therefore, that one of the best ways to restore vitality to your aching frame is to provide your malnourished cells with a homemade herbal remedy for muscle soreness.
This DIY BeeCool Sore Muscle Rub uses essential oils to create a soothing massage for the aching area.
I decided to make my own homemade warming muscle rub, and it turned out to be great!
The warming effect is a sweet relief of pain, and the muscles feel better the next day.
There are times when a homemade sore muscle is useful, but not always
This homemade muscle rub works! It penetrates deep into the muscles, bringing a soothing and relaxing sensation. Among the natural muscle relaxers I’ve used, this is one of my favorite remedies to use after I’ve done my BurstFIT workout.
Homemade Muscle Rub
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- Two teaspoon cayenne powder
- Two teaspoons ginger or turmeric powder (Note: While turmeric is an outstanding anti-inflammatory, be aware that it will cause some temporary skin discoloration)
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- glass jar
- Pour all oils (except essential oils) into a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium-low heat.
- Place the jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow them to set.